Ingrown hairs may cause distress, particularly if they appear on the face or visible areas of the body. Fortunately you don't need to suffer and just endure it. It is possible to treat ingrown hair without difficulty from your home.
Use the following 10 point checklist to coach yourself about ingrown hair and decide on your individual technique for treating ingrown hair:
1. First let's define that which you are talking about. In medical terms, ingrown hairs are classified as Psuedofolliculitis Barbae (PFB). Common expressions utilized to describe them include ingrowns, hair bumps, shaving bumps, razor burn and razor bumps.
2. Ingrown hairs are hairs which have been broken off or cut (often through hair removal methods) below the skin level. Then, as opposed to naturally growing out with the hair follicle, they choose their very own exit path and penetrate surrounding tissue.
Alternatively, some hair which includes come out of the hair follicle within the normal way can curl back and begin growing in to the skin.
Nonetheless there may be a build up of the dead skin cells which clog the head of hair follicle thus causing the hair to select another route out through surrounding tissue.
3. Shaving too close to the skin or improper waxing techniques could cause the head of hair to be cut or discontinue under the skin layers level. If a wax strip isn't achieved swiftly in the nice smooth motion, breaking of hair can result.
4. Ingrown hair can lead to acute pain as well as infection in for the worst situation scenarios, or even a tingling or sensitive sensation on regions of the skin.
5. Tweezing is a common way of treating ingrown hairs. Be sure to use needle point tweezers and ensure they are sterilizing before with these.
6. If you choose to use tweezers, it's a good idea to have a magnification mirror so that you can see up close your work with the needle points and therefore avoid obtaining a bit of skin simultaneously.
7. Topical solutions are plentiful to treat ingrown hairs. Kalo Ingrown Hair Treatment or Tend Skin are two of the very most common. (See authors bio box below). You merely rub in the lotion about Three times per day for a few days and also the ingrown hairs naturally release themselves.
8. Some who are greatly bothered by ingrown hairs might want to go for the more expensive option - laser facial treatment. For most this is a permanent solution since the tresses are zapped with a pulse of light which disables the head of hair growth.
Be sure to investigate with this option however as results can differ from person to person. It is prudent to possess a test done first having a qualified technician.
9. Utilize a loofah sponge to exfoliate the skin about once a week. This removes old skin debris thus assisting to avoid clogged follicles of hair. Soothe skin after exfoliation using a body milk or moisturizing solution.
10. When shaving, make sure the hair may be wet for approximately Five minutes. This makes it quicker to cut thus reducing drag and avoiding the situation of cutting the hair short when it's pulled after which retracts within the skin layers level.